AZO TEST STRIPS® Product Facts and Directions for Use
AZO Test Strips home UTI test can help diagnose if you have a urinary tract infection. The first combination test available for home use: tests for both Leukocytes (white blood cells) and Nitrite for greater reliability.
Physicians know the combination test is better than a nitrite-only test. This information will allow you to take an active role with your physician in the management of your health.
- Contains three diagnostic test strips individually wrapped in a foil pouch with a new and improved “no-mess” handle so that you stay clean.
- Two tests (Leukocytes and Nitrite) in one. More accurate than nitrite-only tests.
- Test results are ready to read in just 1 minute for Nitrite and 2 minutes for Leukocytes.
Use at the first sign of a UTI: Urinary pain, burning, urgency, or frequency.
Easy to use
Simply wet the test pads by holding in your urine stream for 1-2 seconds.
Easy-to-use new handle ensures that you stay clean.
Easy to read
Match the color of the test pads to the color blocks on the foil pouch.
Store AZO Test Strips at room temperature 59° - 86° F (15° - 30° C) out of direct sunlight. For in vitro (external) diagnostic use.
Before you start the test, gather the materials you need:
- AZO Test Strips
- Absorbent material (e.g. paper towel)
- Timer or watch with a second hand
- Pen or pencil (optional)
- Clean, dry cup (optional)
Read all directions.
- Wash your genital area thoroughly with soap and water. Rinse with clear water.
- Remove one test strip from the foil pouch.
- Do not touch the test pads of the strip. Discard any discolored strips that may have deteriorated.
- Note: Your results will be more reliable if you test your first urine in the morning or urine held in the bladder for at least 4 hours.
- Simply follow these 3 easy steps...
Step 1: Apply urine to pads.
Begin urinating. After some urine has passed, hold the test pads in the urine stream for 1-2 seconds. Make sure both test pads are wetted. (If you prefer, you may collect your urine in a clean, dry cup. Then dip the test strip in the urine.)
Immediately bring the edge of the test strip into contact with an absorbent material (e.g. paper towel) to remove excess urine. Lay the test strip with the test pads facing upwards on the paper towel.
- Step 2: Begin timing.
- Step 3: Read test results at 1 minute for Nitrite and at 2 minutes for Leukocytes.
Compare the test pads to the color blocks on the foil pouch. Hold the strip close to the color blocks and carefully match each test pad to the color chart for that test.
Match the color of each test pad to the color chart for that test. Any amount of uniform pink color on the nitrite test pad is positive (abnormal). Pink spots or pink edges are not a positive result. A positive WBC test will give a dark tan to purple color. (Ignore any color change after you have read the test pads at 2 minutes).
- How to read your test results.
If you would like, you can record your results to assist you in understanding your results.
(Example) N = Negative P = Positive
Use the following table to determine what your test results mean. Remember, they are only one piece of information your doctor needs in order to treat you.RESULTSRecommendationsLeukocytes (LEU)Nitrite (NIT)
Negative Negative Results suggest no sign of a UTI. When trace LEU occurs or if you have symptoms, test again the following day with your first morning urine using a new test strip. If you get another trace LEU or if you still have symptoms, consult your physician. Negative or trace Positive Results suggest a sign of a UTI. Consult your physician immediately. Positive Positive Results suggest a sign of a UTI. Consult your physician immediately. Positive Negative Results suggest a sign of a UTI. Repeat the test next time you urinate using a new test strip. Make sure to wash the genital area first. If LEU is still positive, consult your physician.