The material provided below is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to replace the diagnosis or treatment by a qualified healthcare professional. You should always seek medical advice before consuming any new medicines or supplements. AZO products referenced on this website are not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease such as overactive bladder, urinary tract infections, or vaginal infections.
The information provided herein is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be construed as medical advice or to replace professional medical care. You should always seek the advice of a medical professional before starting any new medication or dietary supplement. The opinions stated herein are those solely of the writer and do not portray the opinions of the AZO® brand, i-Health, Inc. or DSM. AZO® products referenced herein or elsewhere on this website are not intended to prevent, treat or cure urinary tract infections.
We love cranberry! This little fruit is full of power and flavor that packs a punch. The cranberry is also a champion of urinary tract health. This superfood is full of powerful antioxidants that help maintain urinary tract cleanliness. Let’s take a look into why this fruit is considered a superfood!
Cranberries aren’t just for Thanksgiving dinner. These berries are full of antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. As a bonus, the antioxidants in cranberries have been shown to help keep unfriendly bacteria from attaching to the bladder wall.*
10 Fun Facts About Cranberries
In the spirit of the cranberry, here are 10 things you might not know about this superfood!
- Cranberries are one of three berries native to North America1
- Fresh cranberries, when sealed in a tightly closed plastic bag and refrigerated, can last two months1
- Fresh cranberries have only 45 calories per cup1
- One cup of whole cranberries has 8,983 total antioxidant capacity1
- Cranberries contain more antioxidants than strawberries, spinach, broccoli, red grapes, apples, raspberries and cherries
- AZO Cranberry® products contain a super concentrated form of whole fruit cranberry (one serving is equal to 25,000mg of fresh cranberry)†
- Just two AZO Cranberry® gummies, caplets or softgels contain the same health benefits of 8oz of cranberry juice*††
- Native Americans have been using cranberries since the 1620s for nutritional and medicinal purposes2
- Cranberries do not grow in water, but in dry fields that are flooded for harvesting2
- AZO packs the power of cranberry into AZO Cranberry® products so urinary tract health maintenance can be easily incorporated into your lifestyle*
Now that you’re a cranberry aficionado, you can go and spread this knowledge with your friends. Tell them about the benefits of cranberries, including that when it comes to urinary tract health, they can be your little fighters!
1 10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Cranberries http://shark1053.com/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-cranberries/
2 Cranberry Facts https://www.teachervision.com/cranberry-facts