AZO® UTI Test, Control & Relief Bundle
When you start to notice any urinary discomfort, AZO Test Strips® can help detect if you have a UTI. In the case that you have a UTI, AZO® Urinary Pain Relief Maximum Strength provides relief for pain, burning and urgency. AZO Urinary Tract Defense® helps to slow down the growth of bacteria helping to control the UTI until you can see a doctor.
A great way to address UTI issues from detection and control to pain relief.
- AZO Test Strips® can help detect if you have a UTI with quick results in just 2 minutes.
- If the test reveals that you have a UTI, AZO® Urinary Pain Relief Maximum Strength provides fast relief for urinary pain, burning, urgency, and frequency.
- At the same time, take AZO® Urinary Tract Defense to slow down the growth of bacteria helping to control the UTI until you can see a doctor.
Backed by Science
Directions for Urinary Tract Defense:
Purpose: Relief from pain & burning, frequency and urgency of urination.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets with a full glass of water 3 times a day. Drink plenty of fluids.
- Children under 12 years: ask a doctor Tamper evident: tablets sealed in blisters. Do not use if blister foil or seal is open or damaged
Do not use:
- if you are on a sodium restricted diet
- if you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) unless directed by a doctor
- if you have stomach problems (such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain) that persist or recur, or if you have ulcers or bleeding problems unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- frequent, burning urination for the first time
- the stomach bleeding warning applying to you
- history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
- liver cirrhosis
- bleeding problems
- diuretic use
- kidney disease
- reached age 60 or older
Warnings: Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. If changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- have stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- are age 60 or older
- take more or for a longer time than directed
Directions for Urinary Pain Relief:
Purpose: Use Relief from urinary pain, burning, urgency and frequency associated with urinary tract infections.
- Adults and children 12 years and older: Take 2 tablets 3 times daily with or after meals as needed for up to two days. Take with a full glass of water. Do not use for more than 2 days (12 tablets) without consulting a doctor.
- Children under 12: Do not use without consulting a doctor.
- This product can interfere with laboratory tests including urine, glucose (sugar), and ketones tests.
- This product may stain soft contact lenses and other items if handled after touching tablets.
- Store at room temperature (59º-86ºF) in a dry place and protect from light.
Warnings: Please read insert for important precautions. Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease
- allergies to foods, preservatives or dyes
- had a hypersensitive reaction to Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride
Do not use if you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency unless approved by your physician.
When using this product stomach upset may occur, taking this product with or after meals may reduce stomach upset. Your urine will become reddish-orange in color. This is not harmful, but care should be taken to avoid staining clothing or other items.
Tamper evident: Product is sealed within blisters. Do not use if any part of the blister is torn, open or damaged.
Directions for Test Strips:
Use at the first sign of a UTI: Urinary pain, burning, urgency or frequency.
- Simply wet one test strip by holding it in your urine stream for 1-2 seconds.
- Read result at 1 minute for Nitrite and at 2 minutes for Leukocytes.
- Match the color of the test strip pads to the color blocks on the foil pouch.
See insert inside for complete instructions.
(NSAID Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug)
Frequently Asked Questions
The most common UTI symptoms are:
- Pain or painful urination
- Frequent need to urinate
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Bladder spasm
- Lower back pain
If you experience any of these symptoms, immediately consult your physician. Learn more about common UTI symptoms and about diagnosing a UTI.
Use the following table to determine what your test results mean. Remember, they are only one piece of information your doctor needs in order to treat you. RESULTS Recommendations Leukocytes (LEU) Nitrite (NIT) Negative Negative Results suggest no sign of a UTI. When trace LEU occurs or if you have symptoms, test again the following day with your first morning urine using a new test strip. If you get another trace LEU or if you still have symptoms, consult your physician. Negative or trace Positive Results suggest a sign of a UTI. Consult your physician immediately. Positive Positive Results suggest a sign of a UTI. Consult your physician immediately. Positive Negative Results suggest a sign of a UTI. Repeat the test next time you urinate using a new test strip. Make sure to wash the genital area first. If LEU is still positive, consult your physician.
AZO Test Strips will not identify anything other than the presence of WBCs (Leukocytes) and nitrites in the urine.
No. The only clinically proven cure for a UTI is a prescription antibiotic. AZO Urinary Pain Relief will only provide fast temporary UTI relief from pain, burning and urgency.
Yes. This is normal as the active ingredient is an organic dye.
The recommended dosage is two (2) tablets three times a day. Do not use for more than 2 days (12 tablets) without consulting a healthcare professional.
No. The only clinically proven cure for a UTI is a prescription antibiotic. AZO Urinary Tract Defense will only help inhibit the progression of infection until you see a healthcare professional. AZO is not intended to replace medical care.
AZO Urinary Tract Defense and AZO Urinary Pain Relief contain different active ingredients that provide different UTI relief benefits. AZO Urinary Tract Defense contains methenamine to help control the infection until you can seek medical treatment and sodium salicylate to provide general pain relief. AZO Urinary Pain Relief contains phenazopyridine hydrochloride which provides fast, targeted relief for pain, burning and urgency associated with a UTI.