Amazing Pain Relief“This product works great. This product is the best pain relief for UTI’s period. Absolutely nothing works better.”
With a powerful 99.5mg dose of active ingredient per tablet, Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride, it provides maximum strength relief for pain, burning and urgency.
- Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride is the #1 ingredient prescribed by doctors and recommended by pharmacists† specifically for urinary pain.
- Unlike general pain relievers, it directly targets the site of discomfort—your urinary tract—helping it to work quickly.
- Once you take AZO Urinary Pain Relief® Maximum Strength, you could find the relief you need in as little as 20 minutes.
Backed by Science
Strongest UTI pain reliever available∆
Relives pain, burning and urgency and targets pain at the source
Starts working in as little as 20 minutes
Purpose: Use Relief from urinary pain, burning, urgency and frequency associated with urinary tract infections.
- Adults and children 12 years and older: Take 2 tablets 3 times daily with or after meals as needed for up to two days. Take with a full glass of water. Do not use for more than 2 days (12 tablets) without consulting a doctor
- Children under 12: Do not use without consulting a doctor.
- This product can interfere with laboratory tests including urine, glucose (sugar), and ketones tests.
- This product may stain soft contact lenses and other items if handled after touching tablets.
- Store at room temperature (59º-86ºF) in a dry place and protect from light.
Tamper evident: Product is sealed within blisters. Do not use if any part of the blister is torn, open or damaged.
Warnings: Please read insert for important precautions. Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- kidney disease
- allergies to foods, preservatives or dyes
- had a hypersensitive reaction to Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride
Do not use if you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency unless approved by your physician.
When using this product stomach upset may occur, taking this product with or after meals may reduce stomach upset. Your urine will become reddish-orange in color. This is not harmful, but care should be taken to avoid staining clothing or other items.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- your symptoms last for more than 2 days
- you suspect you are having an adverse reaction to the medication
If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. A pregnancy test and consultation with a health professional if pregnancy is confirmed is recommended prior to use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bacteria entering the urinary tract system and attaching to the bladder wall typically cause urinary tract infections. The most common bacteria to cause a UTI is E.coli.1
The most common UTI symptoms are:
- Pain or painful urination
- Frequent need to urinate
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Bladder spasm
- Lower back pain
If you experience any of these symptoms, immediately consult your physician. Learn more about common UTI symptoms and about diagnosing a UTI.
No. The only clinically proven cure for a UTI is a prescription antibiotic. AZO Urinary Pain Relief will only provide fast temporary UTI relief from pain, burning and urgency.
The recommended dosage is two (2) tablets three times a day. Do not use for more than 2 days (12 tablets) without consulting a healthcare professional.
Yes. AZO Urinary Pain Relief will effectively provide relief from UTI symptoms in both men and women.
Please consult your healthcare professional before taking, especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is recommended to take a pregnancy test and consult with a healthcare professional prior to taking the product.
No, chewing the tablets will cause the teeth and mouth to become stained. The tablets are intended to be taken whole, and should not be cut, chewed or crushed.
Phenazopyridine hydrochloride is an organic dye. If you are sensitive to dyes in foods then you may be sensitive to AZO Urinary Pain Relief. We recommend you consult your healthcare professional before taking, especially when concerned about potential allergies.
AZO Urinary Pain Relief is not recommended for children under the age of 12, unless specifically instructed by a healthcare professional.
Yes. This is normal as the active ingredient is an organic dye.