AZO Urinary Pain Relief™ Product Facts and Directions for Use
Symptoms of urinary discomfort may indicate a urinary tract infection (UTI). If so, you need to call your doctor to get diagnosed and obtain a prescription to treat the infection. While you wait to get to the doctor and for the prescription to begin to work, get fast relief of painful UTI symptoms with AZO Urinary Pain Relief and AZO Urinary Pain Relief Maximum Strength, the #1 pharmacist-recommended over-the-counter brand for urinary pain relief.†
Active ingredient: Phenazopyridine Hydrochloride AZO URINARY PAIN RELIEF (each tablet): 95 mg.* AZO URINARY PAIN RELIEF Maximum Strength (each tablet): 97.5 mg.* Purpose: Urinary analgesic *#1 urinary pain ingredient prescribed by doctors for fast relief of UTI symptoms.
AZO Urinary Pain Relief products provide relief from urinary pain, burning, urgency and frequency associated with urinary tract infections.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- Kidney disease.
- Allergies to foods, preservatives or dyes.
- Had a hypersensitive reaction to Phenazopyridine.
- Do not use this product if you have Glucose-6-Phosphate-Dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency unless approved by your physician.
When using this product:
- Stomach upset may occur, taking this product with or after meals may reduce stomach upset.
- Your urine will become reddish-orange in color. This is not harmful, but care should be taken to avoid staining clothing or other items.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Your symptoms last for more than 2 days.
- You suspect you are having an adverse reaction to the medication.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of an overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Take 2 tablets 3 times daily with or after meals as needed for up to 2 days.
- Take with a full glass of water.
- Do not use for more than 2 days (12 tablets) without consulting a doctor.
Children under 12 years:
- Do not use without consulting a doctor.
- This product can interfere with laboratory tests including urine, glucose (sugar), and ketone tests.
- This product may stain soft contact lenses and other items if handled after touching tablets.
- Store at room temperature (59° - 86° F) in a dry place and protect from light.
- Tamper evident: tablets sealed in blister foil. Do not use if blister foil is open or damaged.
Microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized cornstarch, hypromellose, povidone croscarmellose sodium, polyethylene glycol, carnauba wax and vegetable magnesium stearate. May also contain cornstarch.